Friday, October 26, 2007

Module 7

How can I facilitate a student-centered classroom?
I feel very strongly about facilitating a student-centered classroom. First, it is imperative that the assignments are authentic, meaningful and resemble work the kids will do in real life. In addition, I must clearly outline goals and objectives. Finally, I'd like to make the work seem practical (and possibly fun!) to the kids, too.

How can I use technology to support my instructional practice?
As a business educator, I use technology in every aspect of my class. Generally, I focus on Microsoft Office, as well as Internet research. So, obviously, it's a very technology heavy class.

1 comment:

C Mitchell said...

Suzanne,

Your thoughts on creating a student centered class and relating it to real life are very important. If students don't feel like what they are learning is necessary for their future they don't buy into it and put forth a good effort. Making it fun is the icing on the cake!
Keep up the good work!