Thursday, November 29, 2007

Module 12

Though this module was also rather dry pertaining to a majority of bookwork, I did find the discussions of censorship to be interesting. I teach in a private, Christian school and we are very particular about what we put in the library. Because of this, I can see both sides of the issues on some of the books. However, I will follow the school protocol and abstain from material that is deemed offensive. We have parent-volunteers that review books. In addition, the librarians use book reviews and do a lot of reading! We do allow our children to read "Lemony Snickets",
"Warrior" series, and "The Spiderwick Chronicles". However, we haven't permitted "Harry Potter" or books written by Pullman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.